Expert Witness Testimony, Litigation Support, Market Studies, Appraisals
Qualifications of Richard Knitter, MAI, CPM, FRICS, R/W-AC
Expert witness and valuation consulting experience on a variety of assignments for retail, office, industrial, mixed-use, and special-use projects.
State Certified Real Estate Appraiser in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
- "What Clients Want From Appraisal Reports"
- Five Nation-wide Annual Surveys of Appraisal Clients
- Presented research at multiple American Real Estate Society Meetings
- Teach online university courses since 2000
- Presented seminars at the National IREM and National Appraisal Institute Conferences
- Selected to make presentations at the annual Chicago Market Update Meetings
- Selected to make presentation at national CMBS meeting in Atlanta and Chicago
- Appraisal issue presentations to banks
- Provided expert witness testimony in an array of cases involving real estate valuation issues concerning environmental contamination, financial, market, tenancy, and other real estate valuation issues.
MAI - Member of the Appraisal Institute Designation
CPM - Certified Property Manager of the Institute of Real Estate Management
FRICS- Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
R/W-AC International Right of Way Association
Chicago Real Estate Council – Past President
Appraisal Institute - Admissions Committee, Young Advisory Council Appointment, Demonstration Report Grader, National Research Committee, Ethics and Counseling, and local Chapter Board of Directors
International Council of Shopping Centers
Licensed Real Estate Managing Broker
Urban Land Institute – Chicago Executive District Board
American Real Estate Society – past Fellow, author, speaker
University of IL Real Estate Alumni Forum - Past President
NICAR – Past board member
Appraisal Standards Board Member of the Appraisal Foundation
Master of Business Administration
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor of Science, Finance-Real Estate
University of Illinois